[ NNSquad ] Updates re two items: Iran Tors / Cell Phone Shutdowns

Updates re two items: Iran Tors / Cell Phone Shutdowns

Quick updates on two items from yesterday.

1) Anyone interested in participating in Tor or associated efforts
   related to Iran should contact the projects directly.  I passed
   along that message on an FYI basis -- I do not have any personal
   linkage to the project and am not in a position right now to offer
   specific technological assessments re the project.

2) I believe there is general agreement that cell phone *owners*
   should have the right to have carriers shut down their (e.g.
   stolen) devices.  However, legislation to simplify such shutdowns
   based on law enforcement requests unrelated to owners' wishes,
   especially absent court orders, would seem rife with potential
   problems.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren