[ NNSquad ] Re: "Crazy: Orange censors all blogs, not just GigaOM"

One recalls a few years ago, in the Net Neutrality proceedings of the FCC, Google and Verizon settled on the idea that the "Wireless" was not the Internet, and Wireless providers would escape any rules that were worked out for the Internet accessed in any other way (fiber, cable, dialup).

Once upon a time, the Internet was created to maximize interoperability of all communications.  Now we see a "faux Internet" being offered by Wireless operators:  pick-and-choose-what-your-customers-will-see.

I'm sure there are all kinds of "good reasons" for selective blocking of user-generated content.   We should never trust ordinary people's writings or photos, and in any case, they don't contribute to extraordinary operator profits.