[ NNSquad ] Hackers Steal Law Enforcement Inquiry Documents from Microsoft

Hackers Steal Law Enforcement Inquiry Documents from Microsoft

http://j.mp/1gcN2tK  (Security Week)

    Targeted attacks like this are not uncommon, especially for an
    organization like Microsoft. What's interesting about this is that the
    incident was significant enough to disclose, indicating that a fair
    number of documents could have been exposed, or that the company fears
    some documents will make their way to the public if released by the
    attackers-which may be the case if this was a "hacktivist" attack.
    "In terms of the cyberattack, we continue to further strengthen our
    security," Hall continued. "This includes ongoing employee education
    and guidance activities, additional reviews of technologies in place
    to manage social media properties, and process improvements based on
    the findings of our internal investigation."

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein