[ NNSquad ] Re: Comments on NNSquad Purpose

At 12:07 PM 11/10/2007, John Pettitt wrote:

>Timeout -  I can say with a high degree of certainty (I used to work there) that BitTorrent Inc. is very much focused on legitimate uses of the protocol.

It's clear why. You can just imagine the BitTorrent people saying to one another, "Hey, we have to get some legitimate companies to use the protocol. That way, we can claim that it has 'substantial noninfringing uses,' even though we really know it's overwhelmingly used for piracy."

>That's interesting an 8 to 1 peak ratio is way off from the web sites I've run where we saw 2x or 2.5x peaks.

As I tell my customers every day, "The Web is not the Internet." An ISP's traffic patterns are very different from those of a Web site.

>Tier one bandwidth was about $28 per megabit per month (95th percentile) and tier two was around $10 last time I had to negotiate a multi gigabit deal (about 12 months ago).

I'm sorry, but it's time for me to say, "Put up or shut up." I challenge and defy you to obtain a legitimate quote for Tier 1 or Tier 2 bandwidth for me, here in Laramie, at anywhere near that price. When you seek quotes, use the area code "307" and the exchange "742". I will be eagerly awaiting the results of your research.

--Brett Glass, LARIAT.NET