[ NNSquad ] Re: Comcast limits on outbound e-mail traffic?

Lauren Weinstein wrote:
> Over on the NNSquad Forum, a poster is claiming that Comcast enforces a "secret" limit of 50 outbound e-mails per some (undisclosed) period of time for residential (presumably dynamic IP address) subscribers ( http://forums.pfir.org/main/messages/714/777.html ).

> Can anyone verify or provide more information on this matter or similar limits, if actually present, at other ISPs?

I can't speak to this, but over a year ago comcast set a limit of 20 recipients on a single piece of email. As a result, I moved the mailing list I maintain to a free ISP that provides shell access, and send the twice-a-month announcements out via elm.