[ NNSquad ] Re: Cox Users Report Sandvine-like RSTs and Poor P2P Uploading

(Replying to my own message.)

As reported by a DSLReports user, Cox flatly denies interfering with
BitTorrent.  (The response appears to be boilerplated to me, making me
believe that this text was reviewed and approved in response to the Comcast
interference with P2P.)

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19442445-
--- Quote from "jmccorm" ---

A new response from Cox, including a very direct and unambiguous denial. I'd
note that the malformed paragraphs are indicative of heavy cutting and
pasting. Emphasis (below) is mine. So here you have it. Cox denies
interfering with BitTorrent. (Unless they want to argue that they're not
actively interfering with it, but passively interfering with it?!)

Thank you for your e-mail to Cox Communications. I understand that you want
to know if Cox interfere in any way with BitTorrent traffic? I apologize for
this inconvenience.

As you might know Bit Torrent is a Peer-to-Peer service. BitTorrent
metafiles do not store copyrighted data, hence the technology itself does
not constitute copyright infringement. Nevertheless, majority of BitTorrent
trackers users utilize the technology to download copyrighted material such
as movies and software without legally purchasing them, consequently, it led
to tremendous legal pressure, usually from the MPAA and RIAA, to shut down
numerous BitTorrent trackers.

Cox Communications adhere with the Intellectual Property Infringement
policy. You may not use the Service to post, copy, transmit, or disseminate
any content that infringes the patents, copyrights, trade secrets,
trademark, or propriety rights of any party. Cox assumes no responsibility,
and you assume all risks regarding the determination of whether material is
in the public domain, or may otherwise be used by you for such purposes.
****We do not actively interfere with BitTorrent**** and you are solely
responsible for using the service.

Cox also blocks some ports for security reasons. If BitTorrent uses any of
these port, it could be blocked. Please visit the link below where you can
find additional information of the ports Cox block.

--- endQuote ---

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19442445-