NNSquad - Network Neutrality Squad
NNSquad Home Page
NNSquad Mailing List Information
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ NNSquad ] Re: Comments on NNSquad Purpose
- To: "David P. Reed" <email@example.com>, Brett Glass <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [ NNSquad ] Re: Comments on NNSquad Purpose
- From: Brett Glass <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:39:38 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Robb Topolski <email@example.com>
At 06:26 PM 11/8/2007, David P. Reed wrote:
This list and NNSquad's purpose is not about defining "network
neutrality", nor is it required to.
Dave, please keep your personal grudges (you seem to have one HECK
of a chip on your shoulder about Yours Truly) off list.
The fact is that there is no point in having a mailing list about
"network neutrality" if what is being discussed has not been
defined. There is a terrible "blind men and the elephant" problem
here, and the very first order of business should be to clear it
up. It is vitally important to craft a mutually agreeable
definition. And because a definition names what is defined and
LIMITS it, we will avoid the problem of having anything that anyone
wants of an ISP -- no matter how unreasonable or unrelated --
lumped into the vague cause of "network neutrality."