[ NNSquad ] Re: Comments on NNSquad Purpose

Brett - please re-read the text on the home page. The NNSquad has clearly chosen NOT to define Network Neutrality. That's a policy question. You debate that vigorously in other fora.

This is about detecting, measuring, and sharing information about interference by ISPs with traffic between users.

If you choose to believe that such interference has a "good" purpose, feel free to argue that case. Just don't impose your will on this list. You can even feel free to criticize this list for not defining the term. I will even debate you about that, both here and elsewhere.

Nonetheless, nothing but good can be achieved by empower users to see actually what ISPs are doing "for them" by inject RST packets, throttling traffic presumed to be "unimportant", or calling users "bandwidth hogs" in press releases or defensive emails. The users can make up their own minds about policy.

I and the others who founded NNSquad do not want to use this forum as a vehicle for imposing our policy desires or outcomes. Other fora are more appropriate for that.

- David

PS: I find it telling (others may as well) that you think that my note which mentioned you only in the form of addressing you in the greeting line is somehow an attack on you personally. Get over it.