From: nnsquad-bounces+nnsquad=bobf.frankston.com@nnsquad.org
[mailto:nnsquad-bounces+nnsquad=bobf.frankston.com@nnsquad.org] On Behalf Of
Markus Peuhkuri
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 10:58
To: nnsquad@nnsquad.org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] Re: Canada goes crazy

Nuno Garcia wrote:
> We have seen the opposite trend here in Portugal (and Europe in
> general), users were invoiced for how much traffic they would consume,
> and now, most ISPs charge a flat rate. Exceptions are the mobile
> operators that still charge by the byte.
And in Northern Europe flat rate for mobile data is the standard. You
can get also either per-MB pay or then some fixed amount, but those are
not significantly cheaper per month than flat rate (starting 10â?¬/month
for "384kbit/s").

Consumers just like that you pay fixed amount each mont and have no
surprises. Only exception being roaming data that is still very
expensive (was 0.15â?¬/50 kB or so when visited Switzerland), where one
may get very large bills. But there is coming in force regulation that
the bill may not exceed some amount without notifying user.

t. Markus