[ NNSquad ] Re: Do the Happy Dance people... strike 3 and you're out

Sorry, but I can't help but get frustrated as we continue to talk about
layers of things which make no sense if we shine light on them - 250GB is an
arbitrary rule promulgated by a company that controls our basic right to
communicate.

First they go after the P2P traffic because they think they can all those
who communicate using peer protocols by calling them pirates.

Second they threaten to punish "heavy" users by limiting their rate over a
long time base without explaining or defining what they are doing.

Third they come up with a fanciful and arbitrary measure calling 250GB/month
too much without even any hint as to why that helps and showing no sense of
timescale as the Internet capacity grows. They tell me I can't communicate
with my neighbor because I may consume too much of something. And there is
no appeal or negotiation or pricing for this policy. They again think like
Excite@home they can call the best customers abusers even if they are doing
backup or have medical monitoring or whatever.

What is this Internet we're consuming and how does limiting monthly usage
relate to congestion? Especially if that use is purely local such as between
me and MIT given that there is local peering? Will Comcast agree to track
Moore's law?

What does it cost Comcast if I exchange 250GB with my neighbor and who gave
them the right to tell me I can't. Is Comcast immune from the first
amendment?

And I don't want nonsense about T1 pricing -- the prices are all arbitrary
and based on what they can get away with. There is no real marketplace to
compete.

   [ The 1st Amendment is generally understood only to apply to
     governmental restrictions, not ones taken by non-governmental
     entities.