[ NNSquad ] Re: [OT?] NN definition(s?)

brett et al,

it is not obvious that bit torrent is inimical to economics - it is actually quite an efficient protocol. One might argue, however, that absent natural back-off/sharing properties of TCP, bit Torrent protocols may need some for of external "discipline" to place limits on the aggregate capacity allocated to any one user of a shared resource. there might still need to be some way to limit the fraction of the flow allocated to any single user.

vint